In The Know

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Top 10 Books of 2005

This was a hard list to put together. I read a lot of books and I try to recommend the ones I like in my monthly newsletter. In order to be on the list the Book had to have been released between 11/2004 to 12/2005 and it must have been a book that I personally read plus heard good things about from other avid readers.


The Preacher's Son by Carl Weber
Note: It's Entertaining, Hilarious, and Lots of Drama. Be on the look out for his new book - So You Call Yourself a Man.


Getting Hers by Donna Hill
Note: Loved the unique plot.


Within the Shadows by Brandon Massey
Note: Warning - Do not read this book with the lights off...(smile)

Saved in the City by Jacqueline Thomas
Note: These three friends came from different backgrounds, but all had one thing in common--you have to read the book to find out.


Babylon Sisters by Pearl Cleage
Note: I just love her writing style--even before Oprah took notice.

Crossing Jhordan's River by Kendra Norman Bellamy
Note: This was not a typical Christian romance story. The characters were not flawless, which made them appealing.

The Best Kept Secret by Kimberla Lawson Roby
Note: I love this series. Looking forward to the next book which will be out next month--Changing Faces.

Fate's Redemption by Keith Lee Johnson
Note: This thought-provoking thriller will have you on the edge of your seats.

G-Spot by Noire
Note: Noire hit the spot with this book. Stay tuned for her next book out this month--Candylicker.

72 Hour Hold by Bebe Moore Campbell
Note: The author tackled a subject normally not talked about in fiction.

Honorable Mentions:

Help! I Turned into My Mother by ReShonda Tate Billingsley
Grown Folks Business by Victoria Christopher Murray
Don't Get It Twisted by Eric Pete
Pretty Evil by Lexi Davis

BOOKS TO BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR IN 2006

Lawd Mo' Drama by Tina Brooks McKinney
It's Like That by Cheryl Robinson
Make You Love Me by LaTonya Y. Williams
I Know I've Been Changed by ReShonda Tate Billingsley

Are you an avid reader? What were your favorite books? Please share.

Posted by Shelia :: 12:08 AM :: 0 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

-------------------------------------