In The Know

Friday, December 16, 2005

Urban Mystic Interview Excerpt


Shelia: You’ve opened up for Angie Stone who I think is a very talented singer. Are you still on tour?
Urban Mystic: I go back out on tour in February. Besides Angie Stone, I’ve played with Anthony Hamilton, Lyfe, Tyrese. It’s been a great experience. I’ve learned a lot.

Shelia: Does it bother you to be compared to Ki-Ci of Jodeci or Anthony Hamilton?
Urban Mystic: It really doesn’t. I’m only 21 and I’ve been taught to expect my elders—meaning they’ve been doing it longer than me. Growing up, I looked up to those guys. It makes me feel good to be compared to someone I look up to.

Shelia: Who all did you collaborate with on your new album Ghetto Revelations: II?
Urban Mystic: Trick Daddy out of Miami, Pitbull out of Miami, went to Texas and got my man Paul Wall…etc….What we tried to do on this album was step it up a bit.

Shelia: When will the album be coming out?
Urban Mystic: January 24th.

Ghetto Revelations: II will be in stores January 2006.

If interested in the entire interview with Urban Mystic, please contact me directly at sheliagoss@aol.com or intheknow2005@aol.com.

Posted by Shelia :: 1:39 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

-------------------------------------