In The Know
Wednesday, February 08, 2006
THE NOTORIOUS B.I.G. DUETS goes Platinum
"Notorious B.I.G. Duets" CONTINUES HUGE CHART PRESENCE: HOLDS #1 RAP SPOT, NOTCHES 3rd WEEK in TOP 10 ON BILLBOARD 200
"THE NOTORIOUS B.I.G. DUETS: THE FINAL CHAPTER" (Bad Boy Records) has been certified Gold and Platinum Thursday February 2nd 2006. This Bad Boy release marks the return of Biggie and Bad Boy Records atop the perch of Music. Diddy has accomplished the challenge of returning BIG back to where he belongs on top of the game… the king of New York is back on his throne with his Jazze Pha produced hit, Nasty Girl.
The collection made its debut on the Billboard 200 at #3; it also earned the magazine's "Hot Shot Debut" crown for its bow on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart in the #3 spot.
Over two years in the making, the 22-track collection, released on December 20th, features rhymes recorded by B.I.G. throughout his career, melded with newly recorded performances by some of contemporary music's greatest vocalists and MCs. Dozens of superstars have come together to perform with and pay homage to the legendary rapper on this unprecedented, history-making release. In addition, "THE FINAL CHAPTER" incorporates posthumous appearances by 2Pac, Bob Marley, and Big Pun.
Website:
http://www.badboyonline.com VIDEO - “NASTY GIRL” feat. Diddy, Nelly, Jagged Edge, and Avery StormVIDEO - “NASTY GIRL”
Posted by Shelia ::
10:30 AM ::
1 Comments:
Post / Read Comments
-------------------------------------