In The Know
Wednesday, February 22, 2006
Star Jones Interview Excerpt
Star Jones Reynolds is an AOL Love Coach, author of the motivational
book "Shine: A Physical, Emotional and Spiritual Journey to Finding Love," and co-host of the Emmy nominated ABC Talk Show "The
View."Although she’s achieved a lot, Star is humble. Her sense of humor and southern hospitality comes across when you talk to her. Although it was an interview, it felt more like a sister talking to a sister—you know the kind I’m talking about—when you meet someone out at the beauty shop and you end up having a real good conversation about life in general.
I highly recommend
Star Jones Reynolds' latest book
Shine: A Physical, Emotional and Spiritual Journey to Finding Love. Sometimes knowing someone overcame certain obstacles is all you need to jumpstart you in that area. There is something in the book for everyone. By the time you finish reading
Shine, you will have done some self-evaluation. There are exercises throughout the book that are meant to make you think. One of my favorites is the “ideal mate list.” Another thing I like are the “Absolutes” which are like affirmations that are spread throughout
Shine.
Shelia Goss: Although you're in the public eye
already, was it hard opening yourself up to write a
book?
Star Jones Reynolds: One of the dedications in
Shine speaks to making yourself vulnerable. I really
attribute that to my husband. He convinced me that
being vulnerable in print was not a sign of weakness,
instead it was a sign of strength and you grow with
every new experience. I think in some ways it was
cathartic for me because it really meant that I had
grown.
I think it has helped other people. So many women
out there who think their own struggles (physical,
emotional, spiritual, financial, or professional) are
isolated and the sense you’re by yourself can be
depressing; especially when you think their is nobody
there that understands.
When in reality that’s not true. You have sisters
across the country and the world who face similar
struggles everyday.
On paper, to look at me three years ago, everybody
would have said, "she has it going on", but what they
didn’t know is that I was struggling internally
physically, emotionally and spiritually and I didn’t
know how to get myself out of it. I had to seek help
in every area. There’s no shame in seeking help. The
shame is in hiding it. The moment I started seeking
help on this journey of self improvement, my life
started opening up.
If interested in the entire interview, CLICK HERE.Star Jones Reynolds book tour started on January 6, so take a look
here to see when she’ll be in your town.
Posted by Shelia ::
12:27 PM ::
0 Comments:
Post / Read Comments
-------------------------------------