In The Know
Tuesday, August 02, 2005
Winifred Phillips Skillfully Mixes Music with Charlie & The Chocolate Factory Video Game

While I was listening to the cd for
Charlie & The Chocolate Factory, I couldn't help but be drawn to the game. To be able to time the music to go along with the game movements is brilliant.
There’s no doubt that
Winifred Phillips skills are a gift from God. The interview won't do our conversation justice, but it’ll give you a small look into the lives of one of the few females working behind the scenes in the video game industry.
Shelia Goss: How did you get involved in composing music for video games?
Winifred Phillips: I’ve loved music for as long as I can remember. I’d been an avid gamer as well, but I hadn’t ever thought that much about the music in videogames before. It was when I played the first Tomb Raider video game that my attention was caught by how good the music was, and the idea of writing music for videogames occurred to me for the first time. First time the idea came to me, it was exciting. It was an electric moment to be able to combine the two things that I love. It’s like a guilty pleasure.
To see the entire interview, please email me at
sheliagoss@aol.com.
Posted by Shelia ::
7:21 PM ::
0 Comments:
Post / Read Comments
-------------------------------------